Monday, January 12, 2015

Blog 1: Introduction

Well for starters, my name is Jirla Jem Salvador but to keep it simple for me and for others, I go by Jirla. I'm a journalism major and am planning to go San Francisco State University in the fall. My parents had this farfetched dream of me being some kind of news anchorwoman, and right now it actually doesn't sound too bad - or at least something in that kind of line of work or anything in broadcast journalism.

I honestly love learning about Asian cultures and lifestyles, and in particular Asian foods and fashion. I decided to narrow down and broaden (if that makes any sense at all) my theme for this blog to just street fashion, however not just in Asia rather street fashion around the world. What interests me most about street fashion is that it's completely different from the things you would see on a high fashion runway. It's just what seemingly normal/average people wear as they walk down the street and still manage to look unique and trendy.

So basically on this blog, I will be posting different types of street fashion from different places in the world, how they differ and what trends are going on for that area.


Street Fashion trends: Harpers Bazaar Edition

1 comment:

  1. Great job setting up your blog. I look forward to following your entries as you go out "into the streets" and comment on trends and lifestyles.

    ReplyDelete